Welcome to my world of sewing, knitting, writing and creating things...

Donnerstag, 28. Mai 2020

The mockup-dress, part three - the details

the belt
The belt is simple two straps of cotton, sewn together and turned. To avoid having too much bulk either on the top or the bottom of the strap, I pressed it so the seam lies in the middle and top stitched all around the edge. During the process of draping, the belt became a decorative element only. The garment's pleating is kept in place with the help of a waistband and ...










the closure
... the closure, consisting of a button, a piece of totally not HA elastic band and a totally machine sewn button hole (after all it is a mockup, isn't it?). After fininshing this it took me several days to decide what to to with the hem. I had gathered approximately 30 cm on each side of the skirtbottom to get the silhouette more "slender" again. But this was bulky...

the rolled hem
... and somewhat unhemmable. After talking to Juul I decided to follow her advice, ungathered the gathered parts and opened the sideseams at the bottom. I then did a rolled hem by machine (because mockup!), closed the sideseams again and gathered and smocked the side once more. Now I was ready to do the ultimate finishing touch...

french seamed pockets
 ... the pockets. I finished a pair of french seamed pockets and while wearing the dress, decided on where in my side seam they should be placed. I opened the side seams at that point, sew in the pockets and closed the side seams again. And it was finished, the mockup-dress...ready to be taken out in the wild for the final photos.

But this will be shown in part four.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen