Welcome to my world of sewing, knitting, writing and creating things...

Donnerstag, 28. Mai 2020

The mockup-dress, part two - the draping process



Now the draping fun part started ...

First of all I tucked the pointed sleeves ends back up to the upper part of the sleeve. I then checked for any "natural" pleats that are showing on my dress form. Those on the front were not so poignant ...

... but on the back there appeared this Watteau-pleat, which I instantly fell in love with.

The next couple of days I pinned and unpinned pleats...til I got a version which I really liked. This version would need some kind of belt to keep all in place and to make sure I could easily slip in and out of the dress. (The belt is described in the third part of this blog series ... as well as other little details.)

Once I decided on the finished look I basted all in place before sewing it on my machine ... 

to be continued in part three!




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen